Types of e-Networks
Sponsoring a Network
Sponsor an e-Network and save!
Purchase Extralearning Online subscriptions in bulk and allocate them within your network for low-cost access to all features.
Extralearning Online users are provided systems, resources and information needed to design programs, train staff, track activity, share information and curricula, and manage incentives and programs remotely.
In an e-Network, individual location sites or programs are networked together by some sponsor entity - an umbrella organization, a college system, a government agency, a foundation - through an Internet-based e-Network that is focused on the common needs and interests of its members.
The robust tools and systems provided to an e-Network support a variety of activities and functions that make it possible for any social, human service, education or training program to deliver top quality, accountable and individualized learning - even by those who have never offered learning components before.
By participating in an e-Network, affiliated users access:
- Self-paced learning
- Electronic libraries of learning content and resources for group or individual learning
- Authoring tools to create custom learning content that is shared within the Network
- Online program management tools, including remote registration, user-defined program categories, reports and communication
- Exportable data for research and evaluation
The e-Network welcome screen and login page may be customized and branded for the specific e-Network. Contact us for a quote.
back to top
Each e-Network is built around a purpose or theme defined by an e-Network's sponsor. Some examples of e-Networks include:
| e-Network Type || Sponsorship || Examples |
| Institutional |
Sponsored by an organization to connect its departments, campuses, or affiliates and provide them with tools for delivering online learning, reporting, collaborating and communicating
- National Organization
- School District
- Corrections System
- Faith Community
| Geographic |
Sponsored by a government or intermediary organization to provide education, skills and career development and to bridge the digital divide for all children or adults or both in a city, county, State or Province
- State or Provincial Department
- City Government
- Statewide Organization
- International Intermediary
| Thematic |
Sponsored by an association, foundation or other organization to provide members, grantees or constituents with tools for learning, managing, delivering services, and a platform for sharing resources and data
- Extralearning e-Centers
- Sports and Learning
- After School Programs
- Workforce Development
- Alternative Schools
- Foster Care Transition
back to top
- An organization, agency or school contacts Remediation and Training Institute to set up a custom e-Network. This e-Network sponsor specifies the number of individual user accounts it wants to support.
- RTI sets up an Extralearning Online account, branded with e-Network name selected by the sponsor, and pre-sets a maximum number of registrations, as instructed by the sponsor. The sponsor network's costs are predictable and controlled. A running number of user accounts is always available to the e-Network sponsor. More accounts can be added at any time.
- The e-Network sponsor registers related user groups online according to any criteria it chooses and allocates each some number of subscription accounts. Each user group -- an affiliate, site or program -- then uses its subscription allocation to register teachers, program staff and learners.
A State workforce development agency e-Network might register all One-Stop Career Centers in the State, and allocate 1,000 individual user accounts to each.
A national nonprofit organization e-Network might register all of its local affiliates and allocate a fixed number of accounts to each for the community learning centers operated by the affiliates.
A school district e-Network might register all of its individual schools and allocate 50 accounts to each principal for distribution to at-risk students and their teachers.
- The e-Network's member user group - a school, department, affiliate, community center - taps into its allocated number of accounts to register teachers, learners and other program staff and families online.
- Once registered, individual users log in to their personal account at the e-Network Internet address from any Internet connected computer that has the Windows operating system.
back to top